HLC Coding 2019-20: Beginners to Adv (6-12 yrs)
Students can enroll any time through out the year (First month pro-rated, if partial)
We also run holiday and summer camps.
New students are quickly tested and placed in Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced sections and given new and different projects. They advance to new levels as they return for additional semesters / camps.
Class Focus: Code using MIT software / Smart Phone Apps, Robotics, ROBLOX, MINECRAFT, 3D Animation, Lite Python, Java Script – Beginner / Intermediate / Advanced (Ages 7 - 14 years)
INCLUDES Public Speaking / Student Presentations: Students present their Coding Creations to the entire class after every few classes. Parents are welcome to come early periodically to watch their child present.
NOT APPROPRIATE for VERY advanced coders looking for deep dive in Swift,Java or Python. Call 646-266-6922 if not sure
Whether you are new to coding or have attended our previous camps, we have over 300 fun, hands on projects to help you advance to the next level in your Game Coding, Roblox/Minecraft Smart Phone Apps, Drone Wars / Robotics, Minecraft Modding & 3D Animation projects. Students tested on the first day and placed in the Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced group. Levels require about 15 - 30 hours before passing to the next level. Coding Belts are awarded when a level is passed.
Click Here for Coding Details Flyer
Click Here for Coding Belt Details
Q: Can absolute Beginners attend? Typing skills?
A: Yes. Beginners start with drag & drop, block based coding. No typing skills required.
Q: Do you group kids by ages?
A: Yes. Kids are placed in 6 - 9 years OR 10 - 12 years age group. Classes & Camps have multiple instructors.
Q: What if my child has attended coding / robotics camps before. Do you place them in a different skil groups?
A: Yes. Students are assessed and placed in Beginners , Intermediate & Advanced groups and assigned projects at their level.Students will be placed in a more advanced group based on their progress. To keep them FULLY ENGAGED, students can elect beginner to advanced projects on any of the 10+ coding platforms we offer
Q: How long does it take to complete the entire curricullum?
A: We have over 200+ hours of curricullum and 300+ projects from Beginner to Advanced. It usually takes 4 to 5 years to complete. After completing each level, coders earn their next level Coding Belt (White, Yellow, Orange, Green etc.) Please see Coding Belt requirements in the Course Detail.
Q: Will my child need to bring a laptop or iPad?
A: No. We provide all the laptops, iPads and Robots.
Q: Is it a year contract?
A: No. Pay month to month (must enroll in auto credit card payment.) May cancel with ONE MONTH NOTICE.
Q: What about missed classes due to Holidays
A: We will deliver 4 classes per month. During Holiday months, missed classes will be made up, usually by doing a two hour block before or after the mised week.
iSTEM Labs Coding Belts
Just like martial arts, we incent kids to excel in learning by earning Coding Belts. A Coding Belt is an iSTEM Labs logo'd snap on wrist band with built in 4 GB flash drive to save their projects. There are 12 colored belt levels from White to Black Belt. White Belt is earned after the first camp. Each subsequent belt requires 20 to 30 hours of camp time and a test. There is no testing fee or belt fee.
Campers who already have a white or yellow belt will advance to the next belt.
Questions? Call Sunny 6462666922 or email sunny@iSTEMLabs.com
Harvard /MIT based Creative Coding method will inspire your young GIRL / boy to fall in love with STEM fields, as they master Interactive & FUN Coding projects. No coding or typing skills needed. Kids use SuperEZ, Block-Based coding tools like MIT Scratch, Blockly & PencilCode to design their own cool video games (like Pokemon, Pong, Minecraft), 2D/3D animation w/ music & program Robots for moves, mazes & dance sequences.
We bring in the Robots, iPads & Laptops. Kids placed in Beginner or Intermediate groups, based on age/skill (different instruction.) Repeat students given newer, more complex projects. Team challenges teach kids problem solving & collaboration, creative & critical thinking, debugging & resilience. Studentgain PUBLIC SPEAKING SKILLS BY presenting to the class and parents periodically. (Limited seats)
Cost: $76/mo, Registration $25
Y Coding 2019-20: Beginners to Adv (6-12 yrs)
Rolling Enrollments. Join any time. Students assessed and assigned to Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced Section class
Ages 6 to 12 years
Non - Technical: Presentation skills, Team Projects/Collaboration, Team Battles
PUBLIC SPEAKING: Students present projects to class frequently
MINIMUM 4 CLASSES/Month ( Holiday Sundays & Thxgiving, Christmas Sundays will be rescheduled for an extra hour another Sunday during that month)
* Cost: Non Y Members $90/Month
Y Members $80/Month
* First month prorated
* ONE MONTH NOTICE to cancel
Harvard/MIT based CREATIVE CODING workshop for Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced Coders. Students can join anytime throughout the year and progress through 300+ projects (multiple platforms, 4 YEARS LONG CURRICULUM) as they earn coding belts every 15 hours of class. Students can take a break during the year and rejoin anytime.
* Learn to code SIMPLE TO COMPLEX games using 12 different software platforms/languages: MIT Scratch, Blockly, Pencilcode, Basic Mobile apps, ROBLOX / MINECRAFT Coding etc.
* Single to multiplayer games, Level-ups, Platformers, Animations, Fractals
* Code ROBOTS for Battles, Dance Competition etc.
* Learn algorithms, functions, loops, conditionals, recursion, event messaging
* Advance through 200 hours long curriculum over multiple semesters
* Earn 12 CODING BELTS (like Karate) every 15 hours – White, yellow, Orange to Black Coding Belt
* Each Coding belt is a Slap Bracelet with USB to save projects
* PUBLIC SPEAKING: Students practice PRESENTING their projects
* We bring 20+ laptops, iPads, Robots
New & returning students are assessed and placed in Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced groups & tackle EZ to complex coding projects as they advance through our Belt System. For details contact Sunny@iSTEMLabs.com. 646.266.6922 www.iSTEMLabs.com
Personalized Doctor Kit - Coat, Steth, Book, BckPk
There is nothing more cute than to see these kiddos dressed as a real Doctor with their monogrammed name on their Dr. coat & Dr. Backpack. We have wotrked hard to put together a very high quality kit that you can order for $45 (our cost.) The kit includes
* Durable Nylon Back Pack - Personalized
* PolyCotton Fabric Child Doctor Coat - Personalized
* Working Nurse's Stethoscope
* Premium Quality Child Friendly Human Body Book
* Specialty Buttons For Each Monthly Unit Your Child Completed - For Back Pack & Coat
FREE MONTHLY ACHIEVEMENT PRIZES FOR ENROLLED STUDENTS
* Buttons to go on kids' Back Pack or Coat - Themed on that month's medical specialty (e.g. Jr. Dentist, Jr. Vet etc.)
* Doctor Rubber Duckies - Seven Dr. themed Rubber Duckies to encourage Bath Time Doctor conversation
STEMKids Doctor Academy - Preschoolers 3 yrs plus
STEMKids Doctor Academy program teaches kids ages 3 to 4+ years olds, Medicine, Science & Health Care by learning how their body organs work. It provides Fun and ENGAGING IMMERSION in STEM Fundamentals (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math & Arts) by teaching them to be various kinds of Junior Doctors (Pediatrician, Sports Doc, Heart Surgeon, Eye Doctor, Dentist, Veterinarian, etc.) Each month will focus on a different Medical Specialty & the appropriate STEM topics & related Healthy Habits.
* All classes Develop Cognitive, Social & Emotional Intelligence via interactive group activities (Experiment w/ organ models/ sticker puzzles, posters, crafts, interactive iPad simulations, organ songs/dances)
- 40 Min/wk Hands-On Workshop (No boring lectures or talking heads)
- Life size organ models (heart, eye, skeleton, x-rays etc.) & posters, organ sticker activity sheets
- Practice Using Real Instruments that Doctors use like stethoscope, touchless thermometer etc. (Only those SAFE for kids), First Aid kit
- Interactive iPad apps (age appropriate) to explore organ functions (heart, lung, stomach)
- Perform virtual procedures & virtual surgeries (Bone casts, heart surgery, eye lens fitting) using interactive iPad apps
- Learn Songs and Dances about various organs (heart, lungs, brain etc.)
- Safety: We strictly avoid Reproductive System topics & steer kids away from bringing them up
- Safety: We strictly enforce no physical contact between staff and students & no physical contact between students that may be unsafe or even slightly inappropriate
* Cost: $60 /Mo for 40 Minutes/Weekly Class (4 Classes/Mo) – PRORATED if Late; STARTS September, continues year long. Each month new Dr. Specialty Theme (Cancel with 30 days notice). Students can enroll any month as each monthly unit is independent. Initial month prorated if joining middle of the month.
* Optional Personalized Dr. Kit - $45 incl Dr. Backpack, Student Monogrammed Coat, Stethoscope, Med Ref Book (Delivery in 4 weeks)
* REGISTRATION LINK: www.iSTEMLabs.com/classes.htm
Please see the attached flyer for more details or call iSTEMLabs founder Sunny 646-266-6922 sunny@iSTEMLabs.com