1) STEMkids Doctor Academy (starts Sep 2019 then rolling enrollment)
New Website For Doctor Academy: For Doctor Academy Website & Registration - Please click here
This is a unique ancillary program for 3 year olds plus at their preschool. For 40 minutes each week, we immerse these curious yoiung minds in engaging & invigorating Health Care / Healthy Habits / Anatomy exploration that is Multi-Sensorial, Hands-on & STEM focused. Kids wear a Dr. coat & use safe Dr. instruments as they learn & role play different Dr. Specialists each month (Pediatrician, Heart Surgeon, Germs Dr., Dentist, Pet Vet,) organ moldel demos, animations, songs, dances, crafts etc. Kids also use age appropriate iPAD apps to perform virtual surgeries, take x-rays and fill cavities as they role play heart surgeon, vet and dentists etc.
- Ages 3-5+ years - 40 Min /Week
- Medical STEM Focus (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Hands On, Real Doctor Instruments (Safe to use)
- Kids dress in Dr. Coat / Use Real Stethoscope
- Explore Life Size Organ Models (Heart/Lung)
- Do Virtual Surgery using iPads
- Learn Cute Memorable Organ Songs & Dances
- High Energy, Fun, Engaging
2) Summer Coding Camps (2019)
We offer several weeklong (M-F) half day (3 hours) camps for new and returning coders in various Frisco, McKinney & Hwy 380 locations. All are open to public & will cover Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced levels. Most camps will run M-F mornings 9AM-Noon or M-F afternoons 1:30 - 4:30 PM. A few camps are only 3 or 4 days long.
5 Day Camps - $189 ( YMCA members 175); 4 Day Camps - $149
Cafetaria Style Coding Camp & Classes - Students Pick What Coding Technology They Want To Focus On Each Class Day or Camp Day.
* Parents just choose the day & location of the camp - we make sure to customize their coding experience based on their level (Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced) & their interest (Game Development, ROBLOX, Smart Phone Games, Robot Battles, Light Java / Python etc - Advanced Java/Python Not Offered.)
* Campers are grouped into Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced sections and elect which module (Smart Phone Apps, Game Development, Roblox and Minecraft Coding, Robot Battles, Light Java Script or Python) to focus on each day and are challenged with projects appropriate to their level.
* The goal is to engage, challenge and not bore students with the same software every day.
* Campers also hone their public speaking skills by presenting their projects to the class every day and to the parents on the last day of the camp.
* Campers are strongly encouraged to return for multiple camps to level up. Every two weeks of camp earns the next Coding Belt - from White to Black Belt (wristband with USB drive).
* Younger campers are separated into their own age group with separate instructors.
QUESTIONS? Contact sunny@iSTEMLabs.com or call 646-6922
For Dr. Academy & Year Long Coding Classes OR Summer Camps, please select the appropriate TAB below: